Save Money and Reduce Energy Consumption by Centrally Controlling Power Settings
The challenge of power management lies in balancing financial, environmental, and productivity considerations. In addition, IT's mandate to maximize system availability subtly conflicts with the view of some in the power management community because "standby," "hibernate" and "off" imply a period of downtime as the system returns from power-saving mode to availability. Deploying a power management software solution that is capable of addressing these considerations is essential to a successful "Green IT" initiative.
A Power Management Strategy that Won’t Interfere with Employee Productivity
LANDesk's power management software capabilities within LANDesk Management Suite enable you to conduct prudent power management and balance the trade-offs between power savings and availability of employees’ computers. What’s more, utility companies like Pacific Gas and Electric Company (PG&E) acknowledge LANDesk as an approved vendor of software that satisfies the requirements for network desktop computer power management software rebates. Try it free for 45 days and see what LANDesk Power Manager can do for you.
LANDesk Management Suite software enables the control of power consumption on managed computers from a central location without affecting end users or the ability to apply patches and system upgrades. You can easily create and configure specific power management policies settings, specify a timeframe for the settings, and generate reports to evaluate financial and power savings. You control the conditions under which computers and monitors stand by, hibernate, or power down. However, users can delay specific power management actions using a client-side user interface to ensure that unsaved data is protected.
- New, comprehensive reporting—Displays the percentage of power saved, the kilowatt hours saved, and the dollars saved. You can estimate power savings before deploying a policy, easily document power savings, and provide accurate reports to management.
- Custom wattage settings—You can assign customized wattage settings to specific types of systems, facilitating high degrees of accuracy.
- Energy savings—Organizations that don’t have power management policies in place can expect saving of $10 to $20/year per machine.
Save Up to $20 Per Computer Every Year
Once you implement a power policy, you’ll see immediate cost savings through decreased energy consumption. If you don’t have an energy policy in place, you can save up to $20 annually for every computer and monitor. You may even be eligible for state or power company rebates.
Free 45-Day Power Manager Trial
Take a free, no obligation 45-day trial of LANDesk Management Suite and see for yourself how easy it is reduce energy consumption while keeping end users and IT staff happy. There’s no cost or obligation. Download your trial now or contact your nearest LANDesk representative for more information.
- Create comprehensive reports that display percentage of power saved, kilowatt hours saved, dollars saved and more
- Easily document savings and provide accurate reports to management
- Assign customized wattage settings to specific types of systems
- Save up to $20 a year for each computer and monitor
Free Trial Product Demo Contact Us