Migrate to Windows 7 Quickly and Cost-Effectively with LANDesk
Migrating users to new operating systems is a complex, multi-step process. You need to analyze the environment and select targets, then plan the rollout, prepare images, capture user data and settings, deploy the images, finish configuration, reload applications, restore user and application settings and validate successful deployment. It’s time-consuming, expensive and intrusive—and it’s both a business and IT necessity.
Luckily, LANDesk Management Suite is the perfect tool for the task, because it manages all aspects of Windows 7 migration, from planning to implementation, migration and validation. It groups together several features that let you deploy images remotely to new or existing devices. These features streamline new device provisioning and redeploying existing devices, with options to migrate user profiles and to image with hardware-independent templates that can be applied to different device models.
With these automated features, you can deploy and re-image devices without user input or the need for a technician to work at each device. You can also schedule deployments and migrations to occur after hours, and by using LANDesk Targeted Multicast technology to distribute images, you won't saturate network bandwidth by deploying the same image to multiple devices.
In addition, LANDesk Management Suite:
- Includes system readiness reports—Planning a successful Windows 7 migration depends on a lot more than application compatibility. These reports detail how target systems could experience hiccups along the way.
- Reduces costs—LANDesk Management Suite decreases costs and simplifies migration with hardware-independent imaging and provisioning that minimizes the core server resources required for imaging hardware configurations.
- Supports heterogeneous environments—Obtain the information you need to manage licenses more wisely and reduce license costs. Additional reports help decrease the likelihood of being audited—as well as avoid being stuck with major fees in the event you are.
- Checks application compatibility—LANDesk Management Suite decreases costs and simplifies migration with hardware-independent imaging and provisioning that minimizes the core server resources required for imaging hardware configurations.
- Maintains existing user data—Avoid torpedoing user productivity during the migration process. Thanks to the application virtualization in LANDesk Management Suite 9, as soon as Windows 7 is installed, users can resume work with all their same preferences and settings.
Take a 45-day test drive of LANDesk Management Suite and see how it can help you speed migration to Windows 7. There’s no cost or obligation. Or contact your nearest LANDesk representative for more information.