Manage, Update and Protect Your Macs As Well
Macs are some of the most sought-after workstations in enterprise environments because of their rock-solid stability, ingeniously intuitive functionality and the industry’s most comprehensive and elegant set of native applications. But if you’re tasked with incorporating these machines into a mixed IT environment, you’ve got some legitimate concerns about systems and security management.
The good news is that a single LANDesk Management Suite console empowers IT to protect, corral and keep tabs on OS X and Windows systems and all their attendant security, licensing, migration and help desk needs.
The LANDesk Mac agent was developed for Macs on Macs, from the ground up. No Mac management solution is more complete, more integrated or easier to use. With it you can:
- Increase your efficiency and save time with a complete hardware and software management solution for all PC and Mac users in your complex network environment.
- Reduce costs and the demands on help desk resources with tools that let you securely and easily support users on systems running virtually any operating system.
- Protect user productivity and reduce resource needs by keeping up with patches and updates in order to maintain system-level security.
- Save time and network bandwidth with patented, ultra efficient software distribution technologies.
- Decrease software licensing costs and quickly respond to audits with comprehensive software license monitoring capabilities.
- Increase efficiency and save time by easily migrating computers to new operating systems.
Free 45-day Trial
Try a free, 45-day trial of LANDesk Management Suite. Download your trial now or contact a LANDesk representative for more information.
Asset Inventory and Software License Monitoring
- Unified database enables easy querying, reporting, targeting and policy creation for all managed computers across the enterprise.
- Configurable inventory scanning catalogs hardware and software assets on each machine; select delta scanning options.
- Full inventory of Bluetooth devices allows for more complete identification and mapping of corporate assets.
- Change control alerting informs IT staff of changes to software or hardware configuration, including USB peripherals; helps ensure asset security and configuration integrity.
- Software license monitoring tracks license usage and enables fast reconciliation of installs against licenses purchased; helps you report compliance and reduce overbuying and deny unauthorized application launch.
- The ability to detect MOV, MP3, M4P and other media files on managed systems enhances the visibility and policing of how corporate assets are used.
Software Distribution and Configuration Management
- Web console availability lets you manage clients using any browser that supports NTLM authentication—including Safari under Mac OS X 10.4.x or newer.
- LANDesk® Targeted Multicast™ technology efficiently distributes large packages to many computers at once with minimal impact on network bandwidth.
- Task scheduler automates target selection, options and schedules for automated software distribution and configuration tasks.
- Policy-based management uses inventory-based policies to enable automated configuration management.
- The ability to deploy shell scripts as applications gives you complete control over the desktop environment.
- The ability to deploy Apple Automator tasks enables complex management, configuration and training.
- Remote problem resolution and patch management let you keep your Macintosh systems up and running and working properly.
- Remote control enables remote problem resolution and maintenance with high render rates and low latency.
OS Deployment and Profile Migration
- Mac OS X machines can be migrated to a newer version of Mac OS X while retaining critical network settings to give you a smooth, in-place upgrade with minimal impact on users.
- Remote image capture makes it easy to create OS images.
- Disk images can be deployed over the network for OS upgrades and Mac OS X standardization.
- LANDesk® Targeted Multicast™ technology speeds deployments to multiple targets while minimizing bandwidth used to reduce total network traffic without dedicated hardware or router reconfiguration.
- Applications can be automatically deployed to get users up and running fast.
Free TrialContact Us