CREDANT® Mobile Guardian
The most widely reported areas for data loss are lost or stolen mobile devices. CREDANT Mobile Guardian software is a mobiledata security and management solution that enables you to secure a diverse set of platforms. You can manage all of the solution’s integrated, policy-based intelligent encryption, enforcement, automatic device detection, authentication, auditing, and reporting capabilities from a central console. Quickly deploy CREDANT Mobile Guardian to meet today’s security and business needs and be confident the technology will scale to address tomorrow’s security threats. The solution provides an ideal enduser experience as well as a flexible platform to meet the emerging needs of a continually more mobile, data-centric market.
Policy-Based Intelligent Encryption Delivers the Next Generation of Data Protection for Laptops, Desktops, and Portable Storage
Securing data no matter where it is stored, CREDANT Mobile Guardian now offers full data encryption for enterprises using the Microsoft® Windows® platform. The solution delivers greater portability and usability of secured data for Macs, laptops, desktops, and portable storage devices. CREDANT Mobile Guardian:
- Supports industry-standard algorithms, including FIPS 140-2-validated AES 128 and AES 256
- Complements Microsoft Windows BitLocker®
- Automatic key escrow for simple, immediate data recovery
- Compatible with automated patch management systems; requires no global login to facilitate system updates
- Compatible with existing disk recovery, maintenance, and forensic tools
- Allows multiple users to securely share information on the same desktop or laptop, while still allowing individual users to access data permissible only to them—protection that ensures a local administrator cannot access data
- Encrypts local Security Account Manager (SAM) database and domain password hash
Single System Architecture for Powerful Central Administration of Single and Multi-Domain Environments
- Delivers the broadest device platform support manageable from a single console
- Real-time remote device discovery, monitoring, and remediation
- Detailed audit trail, inventory management, and reporting
- Seamless, read-only LDAP integration enables global, domain, group, single-user, or single-device policy enforcement
- Automated and transparent encryption key escrow
- Multiple administrative roles ensure integrity of administrative process
Multiple Levels of Access, Device, and End-User Control
- Flexible password parameters
- Two-factor authentication; smart card, biometrics, and RSA SecurID for Microsoft Windows support
- Self-service and help-desk assisted password recovery, even when a device is disconnected from the network
- Communication port controls (Bluetooth, IR, etc.) for PDAs
- Integration with Cisco NAC
Transparency and Enhanced User Features Balance Security with Usability
- Uses existing login mechanism for laptops and desktops
- Protects user data while still allowing IT to manage the user’s machine
Integrated Components for Easy Deployment
CREDANT Mobile Guardian integrates with enterprise directories to provide a central, web-based interface for security policy definition and management, real-time device inventory, and continuous reporting of device security status for policy compliance.
- CREDANT Mobile Guardian Shield enforces security policies on devices and external media even if the device is disconnected from the network. It enforces strong authentication, policy-based intelligent encryption, and device and end-user controls. Available as a stand-alone model for Windows devices in disconnected or non-domain environments and migrates easily to the LANDesk Data Protection environment.
- CREDANT Mobile Guardian Policy Proxy resides on the corporate network or DMZ to provide secure distribution of policies and policy updates from LANDesk Data Protection to the LANDesk Data Protection Shield. It also collects device inventory and reports it back to the LANDesk Data Protection server for auditing and reporting.
- CREDANT Mobile Guardian Local Gatekeeper resides on desktops and notebooks to automatically detect, protect, and control locally synchronized mobile devices. It provides secure, distributed communications between LANDesk Data Protection Shield and LANDesk Data Protection for transparent delivery and management of policy and software updates.
- CREDANT Mobile Guardian Over-the-Air Sync Control (optional) enhances Microsoft Exchange Server ActiveSync to control which handhelds can sync email, contacts, etc.